Sunday, November 17, 2013

Final Project Proposal

The conceptual basis for my final work will revolve around the idea of masks that people wear. I've touched on this idea a little with the masks I've worn featured within many of my photos. They are my masks because I've altered and or made them out of rough materials. So in a way they are an extension of myself or ideals I would like to portray through the masks. Their will be the touch of the sci-fi look but I wont be applying a heavy use of the grain. I don't have a particular artist to look at for my idea. I just already have the image in my head I just need to decide what photos to apply with the image. This will be a challenge because I focus mostly on sculpture so I will have to integrate the photo within my sculpture and not try to overpower the image with the physical alteration but rather to boost the image. I want to convey this idea that I am very adamant about. I want to take the 2D world and put it in my hands. I want to see how it can tangibly be interacted with. I feel through 3D interaction we get a better understanding of an object. The images will be slightly bigger than the human head. I have not decided if they will have corners or not yet. As for paper I will need to talk to Brooks to figure out what would be best. The paper has to be tangible but durable.

No comments:

Post a Comment